It’s time to get inspired about the next chapter in your life. The opportunities are boundless and anything is possible. Discover what sparks your inner fire!
- The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin will inspire you to maintain habits that build happiness. Learn more about her best-selling book and sign up for monthly doses of inspiration with her newsletters.
- CourseHorse centralizes learning opportunities, to increase ease and confidence in discovering your path to personal enrichment. Discover classes where you can learn a new language, photography, jewelry design and more.
- Kaufman Entrepreneurs is the place for makers, dreamer, and doers. For people with bold ideas who power the pulse of entrepreneurship. For more information about starting your own business check out the U.S. Small Business Administration and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
- The Senior Corps Program connects today’s 55+ with the people and organizations that need them most. Volunteers receive guidance and training so they can make a contribution that suits their talents, interests, and availability.
- Vision Boarding is a great way to find your sources of inspiration and create a map for you life. Save images of all the people, places, and things that inspire you. Check out Pinterest, We Hear It and Piccsy to get started.
Figure Out Your Next Move
Is there a dream job you’ve always imagined? Now’s the time to make it happen—whether that’s a second career of your own choosing or becoming your own boss.
- Gallup’s StrengthFinder Assessment can help you discover your superhero powers and what kind of job could be a good match for you. Make the most of your skills, hidden talents and interests.
- Career Coaches understand your situation and can help you navigate your next career move. TheMuse offers career coaching services for an array of post-retirement needs.
- Certified Financial Planners can help your dreams become reality. Meet with a financial planner to learn how to beef up your savings to fund for that dream vacation or make that big-ticket purchase.
- Lyft, Task Rabbit, Dog Vacay and Etsy let you make mad money by tapping into your most valuable assets—your skills, abilities, talents, passions or simply your time. Work as many or as few hours as your schedule will allow.
It’s Your Turn
You’ve been busy with work and life until now. It’s time to celebrate all you’ve accomplished, and turn your focus to the things you always wanted to do!
- Timeout lets you rediscover your own city by finding new restaurants, activities and attractions to try and experience. Get more insight and ideas with Yelp.
- Meetup is a great place to explore and deepen your own interests and passions. Meet people who share your hobbies or discover new hobbies like painting, singing or kayaking.
- Anytime Fitness has locations all around the United States and gives you access to online workouts that can be done from the comfort of your own home! Start an exercise program or get a fitness tracker to help you measure your progress, eating and sleeping habits.
- Travel + Leisure is the perfect place to start planning your next great adventure. For more inspiration, pick up a copy of the Budget Travel magazine for great ideas on places to travel to and explore within any budget.
- Volunteer Match brings good people and good causes together. Find a cause that lights you up and volunteer with a service organization that needs you.
- Staying Sharp has activities, challengers, recipes and articles to activate the five pillars of brain health. Stay intellectually challenged and exercise your brain with a science-driven, holistic approach to brain health!
Share this Post