Understand Your Heart
Understanding heart health is the first step towards gaining control. Here are some resources that we’ve found helpful for connecting you with information, experts, and others heart disease.
- The American Heart Association has a mission to build healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke. It’s a great place to find out more about heart health, support networks, and general heart health information.
- Patients Like Me is an online network of 400,000+ patients with heart disease and other conditions who can help you find answers. Learn about what to expect during your diabetes journey by connecting with other people with your condition.
WebMD for easy to understand medical information around heart disease and health. In addition to providing guides and videos for the basics, they also have articles on topics like alternative therapies, sleep and even sex!
- Anytime Fitness has locations all around the United States and gives you access to online workouts that can be done from the comfort of your own home! Start an exercise program or use a fitness tracker to help you measure your progress, eating and sleeping habits.
Fuel Your Body
- Simple Cooking and Recipes from the American Heart Association are delicious, affordable and quick ways to eat good food while taking care of your heart. The site includes recipes, videos and articles to help you navigate the path to a healthier heart.
- BistroMD helps you take a shortcut to eating right by setting up a subscription to have healthy entrees delivered straight to your home.
- MyFitnessPal is a free smartphone app and website that tracks diet and exercise to determine optimal caloric intake and nutrients for the users’ goals and uses gamification elements to motivate users.
Share this Post